Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Year - New Points Plus!

Well, I tried to do it on my own and I give up. Today, I joined Weight Watchers because regardless of how much I exercise and watch what I eat, I’m simply not making enough progress for my liking. The good news is, I’m not doing this alone; the great news is, my company even sponsors it!! Meetings are every Thursday over the lunch hour so I truly have no reason to skip. Even if I want to skip, my coworkers will drag me, kicking and screaming, and force me to weigh-in. This means no binging and just pretending the scale isn’t there, no pretending ‘I forgot,’ and no cheating.

Today was the first day and I’m already starting to realize the difference between doing it on my own and following the WW plan … my workout tonight would normally have earned me 4 glasses of wine so I would’ve had 1 and then maybe something yummy and sweet like a chocolate square or two. Through the WW plan, my workout only earned me 1 Mich Ultra, booooooooooooo. BUT I’m super excited because when I figured out the points for my healthified chicken enchiladas that I’d already prepped for Dan to reheat, I found they were only 6 points (even under the new system)!! I posted my enchilada recipe before, but here it is again … a little bit more healtified:

Healthilicious Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas:
Makes 8 servings; 6 PointsPlus

2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped or shredded
2 cups (1 can) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium onion, chopped
1tsp olive oil
1 cup fat-free sour cream
2 cups (1 can) fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
4oz (1 can) diced green chiles
1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar
1tsp ground cumin
16 whole wheat, low-carb tortillas

•Sauté onion in olive oil until clear; add chicken, black beans and cumin; sauté about 5-7min then remove from heat and set aside
•In a small sauce pan, whisk together sour cream, broth and green chiles; heat to simmering and reduce heat to low
•Add cheese to cooled chicken mixture and mix
•Heat tortillas just a little bit in the microwave to soften them so they roll up without breaking (about 15 seconds, don’t heat all at once in a big stack, I heat about 4 at a time)
•Spoon chicken mix evenly into the tortillas; roll them up and place in a casserole dish
•Pour sour cream sauce over enchiladas
•Bake for 30-40min at 375 until all nice and bubby!

As I go through this challenge to follow the WW plan, I’m going to try to share PP values and report on my progress; if you don’t get a blog from me, it’s probably because it’s not working.

OH and ps - healthilicious is the word I came up with to descibe my cooking, should I ever get my own show. It's totally fetch!

No comments:

Post a Comment