Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

seriously ... more snow??


Due to unprecedented ice, snow and freezing weather in the DFW metroplex last week, we almost didn’t make it to Portland to visit my family and meet my new niece (#3 on my list). While there, I was also able to cross off #74 as wow, really, my niece Mallory is truly one of the most beautiful sights to behold! It was a fabulous visit and I can’t wait to go back; we had so much fun with the family and Mallory is just such a sweetheart, I miss her already! If only everything had gone as smoothly … what should have been a nice and easy trip, landing us in Portland at 11amPT Saturday morning ended with us not getting there until 6:30pm … thank you SO much DFW airport for being so ill prepared. I can’t say it’s entirely their fault, I mean we haven’t had weather this bad here in the almost 6 years I’ve lived here (the news said it’s the worst in 20yrs), but I’m still going to blame them because Saturday was pure misery!!

I will say that I had fully intended to be good, track points, and not go over my ww allowance even though we were on vacation. HOWEVER, by the third airport stop in ONE day, I gave up and fell off the wagon with heaping plates of chili cheese fries, nachos and quesadillas. I also over indulged during the Super Bowl, noshing on chips and dips, pizza, lil smokies and much much more. I’m not even going to count the wine, or that random mojito drink thing (which was darn tasty). I do wonder though, do I have to figure out the points value of Mallory’s cheeks? Because I sure smooched those nonstop and ate her up!! Seriously, look at that sweet face and those gorgeous cheeks; how could I not? Buuuuut, now that I’m back home, I’m back on track and planning to stay that way! We got home just before dinner Monday night and thankfully, I had a pre-made healthilicious dinner waiting for us in the freezer. After we ate and relaxed a bit, I went right to work and made my egg casserole for the rest of the week’s breakfasts and started prepping dinners. We are a little behind this week and Dan has a little more to do each night, but it’ll all be ok and we WILL stay on track!

While eating regular, normal bacon at Sunday breakfast, we started chatting about our favorite meals. Brett & Heather (my brother & his wife) were telling us how much they love meatloaf and I’ve been craving it ever since. Tonight’s dinner is a healthilicious take on one of our favorite comfort food meals: meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Turkey Meatloaf
6 servings / 4 pts OR 4 servings / 5 pts
- 1lb ground turkey, all breast meat, at least 97/3
- 1 egg white
- 2tbsp skim milk
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1tbsp Worcestershire (Wooster!) sauce

Place the turkey in a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well with your hands; you can use a mixing spoon but I swear it never comes out as well, just dig in there and get your hands dirty!

Form into a football shape and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 45min at 350; check that the internal temperature has reached at least 170 before slicing into servings.

Roasted Vegetables
4 servings / 4 pts
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 6 small red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 10 baby carrots, halved
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp no-salt Italian seasoning

Place all the veggies into a casserole dish, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with seasoning. Bake 30min at 350 and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment