Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Skinny Italian ... indeed it is!

Right before Christmas, the most wonderful surprise appeared in my mail … an autographed copy of Teresa Giudice’s Skinny Italian cookbook from the bestest friend in the whole wide world!! If you don’t recognize Teresa’s name, please google, she’s fabulous and I love her, despite her inability to properly form a sentence. I must say her (not) ghost writer did a fabulous job in translating the book so that it truly TRULY reads as if Teresa wrote it herself (with better sentence structure); so much so that I’d actually believe she wrote it, IF she hadn’t given so much credit to Heather in her acknowledgements (big snaps for giving credit where credit is due). The book is hilarious, I love the little jabs at Danielle and sidebar commentary by Joe, and the recipes are fantastic!

I was a little worried starting WW that I wouldn’t be able to eat much Italian food so I’ve been researching recipes for weeks. Tonight, I’d planned on making pizzas using whole wheat pita as the crust, but since I’m working from home today, I have time for a proper pizza crust … and since it’s a snow day, I want soup! I took my already made pizza dough (courtesy of Teresa) out of the freezer to defrost and whipped open her book to her recipe for minestrone. Before I started anything, I pulled up WW e-tools, entered the recipes and found out that her pizza dough is only 3pp per serving and the minestrone is only 3pp as well! Excited is not a strong enough word to convey my feelings towards tonight’s dinner. I’m going to top my pizza with 2tbsp of pesto, sliced tomatoes and mushrooms and of course, fresh mozzarella. Total pp for tonight’s dinner = 11 (8pp for pizza + 3pp for soup).

While I can’t post her recipes here since I don’t have her permission and am afraid of getting in any sort of trouble, I will tell you that with the proper google search you can find others who weren’t so wary (my pesto sauce is from a jar, but she also has a delicious recipe for that as well). Hope wherever you are, you are warm; happy googling!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this and I'm glad you love her book. There's a second one in the works, so you'll have to fly up and come to the signing with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything i've made from her book has been fantastic, thank you thank you thankyouthankyouthankyou THANK YOU!!! and yes, she must do a signing in a warm month though :)

    ReplyDelete