Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snow day; day 2


Yesterday was cold and snowy and I craved soup. Today was FREEZING and the dogs and I wanted some yummy, still warm cookies!! For the doggy cookies, I made their favorite peanut butter treats and dipped them in melted carob. You know what’s not cool? Forgetting that you’re working with carob and licking what you *think* is melted chocolate off your finger only to be sorely reminded that it is carob … yuck!!!! The melted chocolate from a fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie that I licked off my finger later totally made up for it though.

Healthilicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes anywhere from 48-60 cookies / 2pp per cookie if you measure out 50
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup Smart Balance 37% Light Spread Margarine
½ cup safflower oil (you can use canola, I just prefer safflower)
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
¾ cup mini chocolate chips

- cream together butter, oil, sugars, vanilla and egg until well blended
- add flour a little at a time until fully incorporated
- stir in chocolate chips
- drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet
- bake 8-10min at 375

No comments:

Post a Comment