Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Week Menu!


We aren’t really big Valentine’s people; it usually comes and goes without much fanfare in our house. For some reason, this year I decided I’d have a bit of fun with it and celebrate a little bigger (and no, not Big Love style a la 2009 when Meg, Shan and I took Dan out for vday dinner together). I didn’t mention to Dan that I was planning anything, which made it all the more fun that he made a similar decision to do things bigger this year too!! For my part, I planned a bunch of sweet treats, romantical date night and a week-long vday themed dinner menu. Dan surprised me with a 2nd fridge for the garage, something I’ve wanted for awhile but just never got around to searching (I hate appliance shopping almost as much as I hate the wireless store). The fridge was my kitchen-gift; the gift for ME was a pile of “W” stuff!! I love monogrammed items but find I rarely come across pre-monogrammed items with V or W so I was super excited; I am going to be SO obnoxious at the office, drinking out of my W mug, writing in my W notepad and using W sticky notes!! Dan also found Prosecco made by Cupcake! Cupcake wine is my current fave, and needless to say the Prosecco was amazeballs. I still don’t know what my “real” surprise is, but I’ll find out tomorrow … I can’t believe he did all this!!!!

Our romantical date night out on Saturday was fab, but not quite ww-friendly. To make up for our over indulgence, I’ve planned a very ww-friendly menu featuring some of our favorite restaurant meals, tweaked slightly of course, all meals are under 10pts total!

Sunday – Pork tenderloin medallions in a mushroom marsala sauce with roasted red potatoes, baby carrots and green beans (pictured above)
Monday – NY strip with a red wine reduction, asparagus and smashed potatoes/cauliflower
Tuesday – chicken breast stuffed with feta and pesto, green beans, broccoli and squash
Wednesday – hot wing turkey burgers (recipe follows) with oven fries and celery slaw
Thursday – oven-fried chicken, sides tbd
Friday – the jersey girls are coming, the jersey girls are coming!!! One if by land and two if by sea so I guess three since they’re flying? The jersey girls are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Wing Turkey Burgers
4 servings, 5 pts each
- 1lb lean ground turkey (93/7), all white breast meat
- ¼ c bleu cheese crumbles (I used gorgonzola)
- ½ tsp Tabasco
- 1 ½ tbsp reduced fat buttermilk
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs

1. Place ground turkey in a large mixing bowl and break it up with your hands; add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
2. Form into 4 patties (at this point, you can wrap in plastic and freeze if you’re making ahead like I did)
3. Broil or grill the burgers until cooked through (internal temperature must be 170-180), enjoy!

Serve by themselves or on a bun, adding a bun will increase points. I’m going to top these with shredded celery, staying with the hot wings theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment